Serving the Thomasville Community
Pineview Baptist Church began as a church plant on the south side of Thomasville, started by Thomasville Baptist Church in 1957. Nineteen people began meeting in a garage with a dirt floor in those early days. When Pineview was formally birthed in the summer of 1962, the members had a vision that God's work here would be "A Lighthouse on the Hilltop to the Glory of God." This statement simply communicates the fact that our desire is to be a ministry in which we bring glory to God by directing the lost souls on the stormy seas of life to safety in Jesus Christ. That underlying desire compels us to fulfill God's purpose for Pineview Baptist Church.
"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."